19/11/2015…..Engage Burson-Marsteller, a partner with the American based leading global public relations and communications firm, has bagged two prominent awards in the 2015 annual Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK) awards for excellence.
Engage B-M beat seven other contestants to win the 2015 Media Relations Campaign of the Year Award for its recent work on CNN Multichoice African Journalist of the Year Awards ceremony. The PR agency also bagged the 2015 Public Affairs Campaign of the Year award as recognition for its work on MultiChoice Kenya’s digital migration campaign.
Managing Partner of Engage Burson-Marsteller, Ms. Desiree Gomes said the awards were a culmination of hard work and passion for service delivery to clients in the last two years. “We dedicate these awards to our clients who increasingly continue to demonstrate their faith in us,” she said.
According to Ms. Gomes, the awards reinforce Engage B-M’s ability to offer an international standard of communications service, delivered within the context of the unique market.
“Our partnership with Burson-Marsteller has enabled Engage to access the latest tools and skills to best serve clients and ensure that the team is well trained and operates at global standards,” added Ms. Gomes.
The Kenya Commercial Bank won the overall campaign of the year for their KCB Foundation’s Mifugo ni Mali programme which also won the Social Responsibility Campaign of the Year award.
PRSK also awarded key individuals who have played a positive role in advancing public relations in Kenya. Hon. Samuel Poghisio and Dr. Bitange Ndemo, who during their tenure at the Minster for Information, Communication Technology passed a directive that saw all Government Public Relations officers join the Society and adhere to a professional code of conduct were awarded. Furthermore, the two were recognized for playing a critical role in supporting PRSK in their bid to host the World Conference on Public Relations in Emerging Economies (WCPREE).
Speaking at the award gala, Jane Gitau the PRSK’s Chair stated that “the award winners set the benchmark for what PR is, how it should be executed and its contribution to the people, planet and profit”. She further added that “PR has become a key management function and platforms such as the awards will help bring professionalism and eradicate professional impostors in the industry thereby impacting the economy positively”.
The 15th edition of the PRSK Award gala was presided over by Mr. Joseph Tiampati, the Principal Secretary Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology and was held at the helm of the just concluded WCPREE. The conference, first of its kind in Africa, scrutinized the challenges and opportunities of communication in the emerging economies.
BELOW IS THE FULL LIST OF THE 2015 PRSK AWARD WINNERS:
1. OVERALL PR CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR – Kenya Commercial Bank for KCB Foundation Mifugo ni Mali programme
2. MEDIA RELATIONS CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR – Engage Burson-Marsteller for CNN Multichoice African Journalist of the Year Award Campaign
3. PUBLIC AFFAIRS CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR – Engage Burson-Marsteller for MultiChoice Kenya’s Digitika Na GOtv Campaign
4. PR EVENT OF THE YEAR – MMP Communications, PR & Outreach for Kenya Red Cross @ 50 Celebrations
5. SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR – Apex Porter Novelli and KCB for KCB foundation Mifugo ni mali livestock programme
6. INTERNAL COMMUNICATION CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR – Hill+Knowlton Strategies Kenya for Genghis Capital Operation X Internal Campaign Engaging a Diverse Employee Mix and Unilever Tea Kenya Limited for Pamoja Twaweza Strategy rollout
7. SPONSORSHIP CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR – Kenya Commercial Bank for KCB Foundation Mifugo ni Mali programme
8. NEW MEDIA PR CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR – Kenya Commercial Bank for KCB Back to School
9. PUBLIC SECTOR CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR – Judiciary of kenya for Justice @ Last campaign
10. CORPORATE PUBLICATION OF THE YEAR – Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board for Fission Magazine